Aunt Vadge’s UTI Tea is a mostly organic urinary tract support tea that contains 100% loose leaf herbs that work very effectively in an alkaline urinary environment.
- Organic Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis)
- Organic Liquorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
- Organic Chamomile (Chamomilla officinalis)
- Couch Grass (Elymus repens)
- Uva Ursi (Arctostaphylos uva ursi)
Cautions with Aunt Vadge’s UTI Tea – Alkaline Urinary pH
- Cranberry and other berries cause an increase in uric acid in your urine (increasing acidity), so avoid using cranberry or berries with this tea – you want your urine to stay alkaline!
- Can be used with urinary alkalisers to increase alkalinity
How to test your urinary pH
Using an inexpensive pH tester strip, available at pharmacies, either dunk the strip – coloured end in – to your urine mid-stream (that is, once you have started to urinate) or catch some mid-stream urine in a container and dunk the strip. Be quick – no need to soak – then read the results immediately.
- Useful Tea: 1-2 heaped teaspoons of herb for every cup of hot water, steep for 20 minutes, 3-6 times a day until symptoms abate
- UTI Preventative Tea: 1-2 heaped teaspoons of herb for every cup of hot water, steep for 20 minutes, 2-3 cups per day to help prevent urinary tract infections
- Delicious Tea: one heaped teaspoon of herb for every cup of very hot water, steep 10 minutes
Package size: 37 grams
Packaged with love in Melbourne, Australia, from carefully selected local and imported (mostly certified organic) ingredients.