Aunt Vadge: Blisters, polyps, cysts and more – what’s a girl to do?

Good evening,

I have been searching high and low for help or any information. To begin, I will apologize to the individual reading this, as it may be a bit long or rambly at times. For this, I am truly sorry.

First I’ll be blunt; during my “period” I endure a joyous mix of troubles from blister-like wounds, fissures, and others, on top of itching, or pain. It can be pain from the boo boos or if I must pee, it causes pain when it contacts any open sore.

As I kindly explained to my general practitioner, “My vagina is a psycho. It has a mind of its own.”

I am told I have endometriosis, and I have exploratory surgery on February 18. I have ovarian cysts, and a uterine polyp – that is what is known at this point. I do not take birth control in any form, no pills, no IUD, nota. Just good old condoms (which is a whole story in itself).

I do NOT have any STD/STIs, infection, anything – nothing has tested positive anywhere. I have a history of being sensitive or obtaining spontaneous allergies (toilet paper!) [contact dermatitis]. So I thought perhaps my tampons were the culprit or dryness, but I do not tend to struggle with dryness often.

I stopped using tampons, pads, liners – anything from a box. I am currently using washable organic cotton. The problems are still present, not as bad (tampon definitely an irritant), but still here.



Dear Blistered,

First of all, don’t apologise for your letter! Your story is a real example of what can inexplicably happen to some women, and I bet there are a handful of gals out there who are glad they are not the only ones with an over-sensitive vagina.

Your poor mucous membranes and reproductive organs sound like they are having a rough time. Your history of allergies and sensitivities combined with your reproductive-organ issues suggest a systemic immune and hormone-related problem. However, it would be unethical of me to try to decipher that from your letter so I am going to recommend that you go and visit your nearest experienced naturopath, with your GP, to solve the problem from the inside out.

Your cysts, polyps and endometriosis indicate a hormonal imbalance of some kind (oestrogen excess?), for which a practitioner who has scope in these areas can help you to explore on a more comprehensive level. There are so many elements of your health that need to be examined, so the best thing you can do is find a naturopath nearby and start on your road to recovery.

Your treatment plan will address your physical, emotional and spiritual existence (because they are one and the same), and rebalance your body so that ultimately, you and your vagina can be well and happy.

You could search any condition that causes vulvar or vaginal blisters or ulcers, that are not sexually transmitted infections – there are a few.

Thanks again for your letter, and I wish you and your vagina a speedy recovery!

Warmest regards,
Aunt Vadge

Original price was: USD $9.99.Current price is: USD $0.00. ex GST/VAT/TAX
Original price was: USD $9.95.Current price is: USD $0.00. ex GST/VAT/TAX