Wipegel is a medicated gel formulated to be applied to toilet paper before wiping your anal area after defecating. The purpose of the gel is to offer a soft, damp wipe for those with haemorrhoids, instead of using chemical-laden wipes or dry toilet paper.
Wiping the anal area properly after defecating means less propensity for vaginal and urinary tract infections by removing the possible faeces reservoirs tucked into the haemorrhoids.
Pros of Wipegel
- Thirty per cent pure witch hazel – soothing, astringent, FDA-approved for OTC haemorrhoid medication
- Turn toilet paper into medicated wet wipes
- Septic-tank friendly
- Safely use on any skin including genitals
- Contains prebiotics
- Helps prevent itching, irritation and bad smells associated with haemorrhoids
- Won’t disintegrate toilet paper
- Buy from Amazon, free shipping
Cons of Wipegel
- Not travel-friendly unless you are taking a suitcase (too big to get through carry-on without a manual inspection)
Dosage and cost
- 8 oz bottle = US$24
- 400 pumps in one bottle
- Each pump costs 6 cents
Ingredients of Wipegel
- Witch hazel – 30 per cent
- Inulin alpha-glucan (prebiotic)
- Fragrance (natural preservative)
- Sodium hydroxide
Wipegel does not contain parabens, polyethylene glycol (PEG), sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), diethanolamine (DEA)
Who makes Wipegel?
Wipegel was developed by a company called Zero Taboos, a company based in the United States.