Aunt Vadge: we went from anal to vaginal sex and now I’ve got a huge bump

A bread stick being dipped into chocolate sauce (anal sex) with a bowl of strawberry sauce (the vagina) ready to be dipped.

Hey Aunt Vadge,

Me and my sex partner had anal sex and then they place their penis back into my vagina, and now I have a huge bump on my vagina.

What is the bump and what should I do?

Age 15
California, USA


Dear PW,

That sounds uncomfortable! First off, let’s address the elephant in the room: swinging from the back door to the front without a proper clean-up in between can lead to uninvited guests: bacteria hitching a ride from your bottom to your vagina. Double dipping is a big no-no!

This switching from anus to vagina can introduce nasty bacteria and cause vaginal infections and other issues. It’s important you know never allow this to happen again without a shower with soap for both partners in between, or a change of condom.

Bacteria from the anal passage is not good for the vagina. You’re essentially putting poop into your vagina.

Your bump could be caused by a few things:

  1. An infection: That bump might be a sign of an infection, like bacterial vaginosis (BV), aerobic vaginitis (AV) or a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Unwanted bacteria or pathogens from the anus can bring chaos to your vaginal ecosystem.
  2. A blocked gland: You might have a blocked Bartholin’s gland or Skene’s duct. These glands can become blocked and swell up, creating a lump. Infections can cause these blockages.
  3. An abscess or cyst: If bacteria get into these glands or ducts, it can lead to an abscess or cyst formation. Abscesses and cysts can appear like a lump or bump.

What should you do? For now, don’t panic. Keep the area clean with gentle warm water rinses (no scrubbing or harsh soaps), wear loose, breathable undies, and most importantly, avoid any sexual activity that could aggravate the situation. Be gentle with your body as you move onto the next steps.

This is one of those times where it’s best to visit your doctor as soon as you can to be checked, since if you do have a blocked gland, it’s best dealt with sooner rather than later – it can get pretty uncomfortable after a while. If you need antibiotics for an infection, a doctor or nurse can help quickly.

Your healthcare practitioner will take a look at your bump, possibly run some tests, and get you the right treatment to deflate that unwanted hump. Don’t be shy, they’ve seen it all!

If you’re feeling unsure or wobbly about it, speak to a trusted older adult to ask for help getting to the sexual health clinic as soon as possible.

A Planned Parenthood centre will be able to help you, or search online for sexual health clinics near you and pop in or give them a call.

Explain to them just what you’ve told me and they’ll immediately know what to do. You an even show someone this post if you want!

If you’ve never had a pelvic examination before, here are some tips on what to ask for to make it more comfortable. Take a support person if you want to, you don’t have to do this alone.

In the future, to keep your vagina happy, make sure any journey from anal sex to vaginal sex involve a wash-up or a new condom, and be VERY strict about this – no more bumps! Your vagina will thank you with fewer grumbles, I promise. Take care down there!

Lots of love,
Aunt Vadge

Original price was: USD $9.99.Current price is: USD $0.00. ex GST/VAT/TAX
Original price was: USD $9.95.Current price is: USD $0.00. ex GST/VAT/TAX