There are some specific essential oils that are useful for soothing and promoting healthy healing of inner vaginal tears and cuts (for use internally). Remember your vagina is a mucous membrane, and therefore more sensitive than regular skin. Always dilute essential oils when using topically according to the correct ratios in the recipes provided.
Essential oils that can be used in vaginal suppositories/pessaries – look for the properties you want, and make a combination of 2-3 oils:
- Frankincense, for cell health and regrowth, speeds healing
- Calendula, anti-inflammatory, accelerates healing, increases blood flow
- Carrot seed, antiseptic, high in vitamin A for collagen production, potent so dilute
- Myrrh, high in anti-inflammatory compounds, regenerate skin cells
- Geranium, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, strengthens skin
- Cedarwood, antiseptic, regenerates skin cells
- Lavender, antibacterial, antifungal, gentle
- Neroli, promotes skin cell regeneration
- Tea tree, antiseptic, wound healing, regenerates skin cells
A nice mixture is frankincense, calendula, carrot seed and myrrh, but any mixture is good. To make the suppository, check How to make a vaginal suppository/pessary with essential oils.