Femular Forte contains a clinically proven extract of Actaea racemosa (Black cohosh) Ze 450. This exclusive formula has been extensively researched to relieve menopausal symptoms including hot flushes, night sweats, sleeplessness, tiredness, mild anxiety, joint pain and headaches. With its easy once-daily dose, Femular Forte provides relief during all stages of menopause.
The Femular range helps relieve menopausal symptoms, including:
- Hot flashes and sweating
- Disturbed sleep, nervous tension and irritability
- Headaches and joint pain
While each woman’s experience is unique, menopausal symptoms, ranging from hot flushes and night sweats to feeling anxious or irritable to sleeplessness and headaches, can last anywhere from 2-6 years. These symptoms can be completely normal, but if they sound familiar, Femular may be right for you.
Femular and Femular Forte are well-tolerated natural medicines that have been shown to relieve the symptoms of menopause from as early as one month, with significant relief shown at three months and continued improvement over nine months.
Why we love Flordis Femular
- Uses a clinically trialled extract of Actaea racemosa – Ze 450
- Non-hormonal extract specifically researched in over 1000 women for menopausal symptoms
- Dose-dependent (including placebo-controlled) studies confirm effective once-a-day dose for varying degrees of symptoms
- Available in two evidence-based dosage strengths, supporting its use for all stages of menopause
- Conforms to well-established use by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) herbal preparation guidelines for menopausal symptom relief
- Produced from the world’s first controlled black cohosh cultivation for sustainability and quality control
- Well-established tolerability, with no known reported drug interactions, and annual global safety and efficacy reports completed
In perimenopause, menopause and post-menopause, Femular® and Femular® Forte may:
- Relieve feelings of general malaise and general debility, weariness and fatigue
- Decrease excessive or spontaneous sweating
- Relieve irritability and reduce symptoms of mild anxiety
- Support healthy emotional and mood balance
- Decrease headache symptoms and occurrence of symptoms
- Support neuroendocrine function
- Reduce mild joint aches and pains (Femular® Forte only)
During menopause, Femular® and Femular® Forte may also:
- Support a healthy female hormonal balance
- Help decrease symptoms of menopause, including night sweats and hot flushes, irritability and mood swings
Dosage and administration
- Take one tablet daily with water
- For mild symptoms: Take one Femular tablet in the morning with or after a meal. Take your medicine at about the same time each day.
- For moderate to severe symptoms: Take 2 Femular tablets daily OR 1 Femular Forte in the morning with or after a meal. Take your medicine at about the same time each day.
- Femular products can be taken during all stages of menopause for a broad range of menopausal symptom relief.
- For best results, Femular products should be taken for a minimum of 3 months. Research has shown that Femular and Femular Forte provides increasing relief of symptoms over time with relief seen as early as 1 month and continued improvement shown at 3 and 9 months.
Ingredients of Femular
- Actaea racemosa (black cohosh) extract dry conc. (Ze 450) 13mg, equivalent to dry root and rhizome 84.5mg
- Small amount of lactose (120mg per tablet)
- No added gluten, wheat, corn, egg, soy, yeast, sesame, peanuts or tree nuts, genetically modified ingredients, artificial or nature identical flavours, colours or sweeteners
- These medicines may not be right for you
- Always read the label. Follow the directions for use
- If symptoms worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional
- Contains lactose, but in a small amount and is tolerated by those with lactose intolerance, but those with hereditary galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take.
- Black cohosh may harm the liver in some people, though this is rare and no causal relationship has been established – if you’re concerned, speak to your healthcare professional
- This product is not recommended if there is a history of hypersensitivity to Actaea racemosa (also known as Cimicifuga racemosa)
- There are no known reported drug interactions; however, concomitant use with hormone replacement therapy or menopause hormone therapy is not recommended.
- Use during pregnancy or breastfeeding is not recommended, as safety has not been established.
Does the Femular® range contain hormones?
The Femular® products only contain the herb, black cohosh, and do not contain any hormones. Although the mode of action is still not fully elucidated, research to date suggests that black cohosh does not have an oestrogenic effect.
- Schellenberg R, et al. Dose-dependent effects of the Cimicifuga racemosa extract Ze 450 in the treatment of climacteric complaints: a randomized, placebo-controlled study. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;(1): article ID 2603101.
- Drewe J, et al. The effect of a Cimicifuga racemosa extract Ze 450 in the treatment of climacteric complaints – an observational study. Phytomedicine. 2013;15 (20):659– 666.
- Lopatka L, et al. Black cohosh in the treatment of menopausal symptoms-results of an observational study with Cimifemin® uno (English translation) J für Menopause. 2007;2:3-7.
- European Medicines Agency. Assessment report on Cimicifuga racemosa (L.) Nutt., rhizoma. Final. Committee on Herbal Medicinal Products (HMPC) EMA/ HPMC/ 48744/2017. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/herbal-report/final-assessment-report-cimicifuga-racemosa-l-nutt-rhizome-revision-1_en.pdf
- Periodic Safety Update Report for active substance: Black Cohosh dry extract Ze 450. Max Zeller SÖhne AG, CH-8590 Romanshorn. 2019.
- Shaukat A, et al. Systematic review: effective management strategies for lactose intolerance. Annals of internal medicine. 2010 Jun 15;152(12):797-803.
- Fritz H, et al. Black cohosh and breast cancer: a systematic review. Integr Cancer Ther. 2014;13(1):12-29.
- Garcia de Arriba S, et al. Cimicifuga racemosa (CR) safety: Pre-and clinical evidence for lack of widespread estrogenic risk. Maturitas. 2015;82(3):316.
- Lopes CM, et al. Phytotherapy and nutritional supplements on breast cancer. BioMed research international. 2017. Article ID 7207983. DOI: 10.1155/2017/7207983.
- Henneicke-von Zepelin HH. 60 years of Cimicifuga racemosa medicinal products. Wiener medizinische wochenschrift. 2017;167(7-8):147-59
- National Institutes of Health. Office of Dietary Supplements. Black Cohosh Monograph. 2018. https://ods.od.nih. gov/factsheets/BlackCohosh-HealthProfessional/. 12. Nicken P, et al. Cimicifuga racemosa for treatment of vasomotor symptoms: Mode of action. Maturitas. 2017 Jun 1;100:152.
- Friederichsen L, et al. Effect of CIMicifuga racemosa on metaBOLIC parameters in women with menopausal symptoms: a retrospective observational study (CIMBOLIC). Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2019 Nov 16:1-7.